Happy Friday beautiful humans. The weekend has arrived! Today I thought I'd share a highly-requested recipe: my morning green smoothie. If you follow me on Instagram you know that I've gotten back into the habit of drinking a green smoothie everyday. It doesn't always fit the ~vibe~ of snowfall and winter but I LOVE smoothies so I have no problem drinking them all year round.
WHY EVERYONE SHOULD DO IT
I'm one of those rare souls who actually enjoys the taste of kale smoothies. It's not that I'm a huge veggie drinker. Blended beets or carrots? I don't think so. But for some reason blended greens don't freak me out.
I truly think everyone can benefit from a green smoothie a day, especially if you struggle to eat your veggies. My philosophy is this: eating your veggies is better than drinking your veggies (#fiber), but drinking your veggies is better than nothing. As I try to transition into eating more plants (like I said I would in my 2018 resolutions) having my green smoothie every morning brings me just a little closer to my veggie goal.
- 2 cups of kale (packed)
- 1 cup of chopped mango
- 2 cups of ice
- ½ of a medium-sized banana (preferably pre-sliced and frozen)
- ¾ - 1 cup of almond milk
- Optional: Add a handful of blueberries and/or 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.
* a cup can also be measured out as roughly equal to a handful.
- Combine everything in your blender. I currently use this Vitamix (it's so powerful and worth every penny) but I've also used my NutriBullet and it gets the job done.
- Blend until everything is just-blended.
- Adjust thickness to your liking by adding ice to thicken or almond milk to thin.
- Pour and enjoy!